FAVORITES, FAVORITES and More FAVORITES..
- Coffee.. Toffee Nut Latte, which Starbucks has only during the holiday season and Coffee Jelly, also from Starbucks
- Color.. purple, pink, blue, black, olive green, and white
- Chocolate.. Twix (and they don’t sell them here anymore), Butterfinger, and anything Hazelnut
- Lutong bahay.. Adobo, papaitan, dinuguan, tinapa, and tilapya
- Others under the “Food” category.. Oysters, cheese, KFC, Baked Ziti with white sauce and white pizza from Sbarro, Stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut, Yellow Cab Shrimp and garlic pizza, Gerry’s sisig, UP Isaw, (Ateneo) Manang’s Inihaw and Pork Chop
- Music.. Praise and Worship songs, contemporary Christian, Pop, and R&B
- Sports.. Basketball, tennis, swimming
- Movie.. Kramer vs. Kramer, Shawshank Redemption, One More Chance (the best!), My Best Friend’s Wedding, Serendipity, Just Like Heaven, Pretty Woman
- Song.. Right now, The Man Who Can’t Be Moved by The Script and Ms. Independent Remix by Jamie Fox and Ne-Yo
- Flowers.. Long-stemmed roses
- Perfume.. Still by JLo
- Expression.. OMG
WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU’VE GOT THE BLUES?
- Listen to Senti Songs
- Watch ‘How I Met Your Mother’
WHAT DO YOU PREFER?
- Music or Sports? MUSIC
- The Beach or The Mountains? The BEACH.
- Rainy days or Sunny days? SUNNY DAYS.
- Victoria’s Secret or Bath and Body Works? BATH AND BODY WORKS.
- Movie or Book? BOOK
- Fruits or Vegetables? FRUITS
- Read or Write? READ
- Leader or Follower? LEADER
- Listen or Speak? LISTEN (but I know I speak a lot, too)
- Slippers or Rubber shoes? SLIPPERS
- Milk Chocolate, dark chocolate or White chocolate? MILK CHOCOLATE
- TV or radio? TV
SShh.. NOT MANY PEOPLE KNOW THESE THINGS ABOUT ME..
- I’m scared of heights. I have this recurring dream that I’m on an elevator that’s out of control, going up and down really fast. Some nights the elevator is even made of glass so I can see how high the drop’s going to be.
- There are days when I’m really really shy. I sometimes get really nervous calling someone I haven’t met before.
- I used to sing well. I just don’t know what happened. Hindi ito joke.
- I used to have crooked teeth. I also used to be so conscious because of it that I refused to show my teeth in pictures, which explains why in my grade school grad pic, I had a weird smirk on my face. (pinipilit kasi nila ako to smile more but I refused to open my mouth)
- I have a secret dream to be OC.
- I hate the color red.
Since we have no fall season in the Philippines, I totally forgot to check in on this reading challenge that I join twice a year (every fall and every spring). The reading challenge is called Fall Into Reading and it’s hosted by Katrina over at Callapidder Days.
I’m very late and am the 265th reader to register. But better late than never, right?
Here is my list of books for the Fall reading challenge:
1.Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern
Ahern is my hands-down favorite chick lit author. I’m in chapter 7 already. Started a bit slow. But so far, so good.
2. Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
I started reading this book two years ago. Never got beyond the first chapter. It’s not that it isn’t good because it’s been really good so far. I just get distracted by the new books I keep buying. Planning to finally finish it this time.
3. Guerrilla P.R. 2.0 by Michael Levine
This one I’m reading for work. Interesting ideas. Have to finish this to help me plan for the annual planning session our group will be having in November.
4. Winning with People by John Maxwell
I love reading John Maxwell. I always learn something new from him even though it seems like the principles are pretty much the same in all his books.
5. Epic by John Eldredge
A small book with a big story. This should be a fast read. I’m excited because reviews have been good.
6. In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson
GREAT book! I’m down to the last few chapters. A must-read for everyone. Especially for those who often get intimidated by people and situations.
7. The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
I’ve heard a lot of good reviews so I’m excited to read it finally. Oh and I picked my copy up in a second-hand book store for P75! Cheap!
8. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult
My best friend says this is the best one by Picoult. Made her cry. So I’m pretty sure it’ll make me cry, too.
There it is.
Eight books in eight weeks. That’s doable, right?
I’m sick. 😦 My asthma is acting up again. Hmph.
This is the telltale sign that Christmas is near.
Despite my condition, I was still able to go over to the next village for lunch to celebrate an aunt’s birthday .
Here’s the birthday girl – Tita Beng
My sister Gabbi & cousins Mina and Julia
me and my Ateneo Krispy Kreme donut
I love family. Wish we could spend time together more regularly.
Noted hostess and writer Lady Dorothy Nevill observed: The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
I am so happy North Point Ministries preaching videos are in youtube. They’re now free to be viewed by anyone and I do hope more people get to hear God’s Word through this youtube channel.
I was getting ready to shut off my mac tonight when I remembered seeing in North Point’s website that the church now has a youtube channel. This day hadn’t gone the way I had planned. I was not able to go to work. I was not able to do anything productive in the house either. In fact, I did quite the opposite.
I hate that I get things wrong a lot. I intend to be this or do this and I end up doing the exact opposite. Tonight I was reminded yet again that I must rely fully on God’s grace to be able to get out of the rut that I often find myself in.
I cannot do anything on my own. I really can’t. I always end up messing things up. And I hate that.
But thank God for His grace that is always sufficient.
Just want to share a video they showed at North Point during their preaching series called “It’s Personal.” The series explains how each one of us has a different story to tell about how we came to a relationship with God. I can talk all I want about what God has done in my life but my story can never be your story. Sure, it might inspire you or give you warm, fuzzy feelings, but it can never move you to truly give your life to God. Until you actually get an encounter with God that is uniquely yours, you will never really get the point. That’s how it is, because God is a personal God.
This video was shown on the third Sunday of this preaching series.
“Loved Jesus more than life.” I wish that could be what’s written on my tombstone, too. As it is, I’ll be honest and say I’m not there yet. I get so distracted sometimes. My heart seems so divided. And it frustrates me to no end.